Hey there! You can get 10X setup in minutes. Once setup, you'll have a community on your own Joomla website. Here's how:
Create an account
Enter your email address on the 10X homepage and create your account.
If you already have an account, click "Login" on the 10X homepage.
Open your admin interface (app.10x.io)
Once logged in, click one of the "Setup my community" buttons on the 10X homepage. This will open your community's admin interface in a new tab.
Tip: to access your admin interface directly, just type app.10x.io into a browser.
Click "Install 10X button" from the Get Started screen of your admin interface.
Note: if you copy the code above, you must manually change YOUR_BUTTON_ID (with the button ID shown in your Admin Interface).
- Open Content → Article Manager in your Joomla administrator panel and click on the 'Options' button in top right corner
- In the new popup window with Article Manager Options, open the 'Text Filters' tab and select 'No Filtering' under your user group (it is usually 'Super Users')
- Click 'Save'
(2) Configure your text editor so that it allows you to have <script> elements in your code.
- In your administrator panel, go to Extensions → Plug-in Manager, find the 'Editors - TinyMCE' line and click it.
- In TinyMCE options on right, find 'Prohibited elements' section and remove a mention of 'script' from it
- Click 'Save'
Check your website
Congrats! Your 10X button should now appear on your Joomla website.
If you need help completing these steps, just contact your website developer or chat with us!
When your community is up and running, we have advanced tips to:
- Grow your community
- Remove content from your community
Not what you were looking for?
Here are our other installation options.